As the operators of www.cmwd.co.uk Dave Taylor, owners of Custom Made Web Design, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy at all times.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Personal details such as name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and any other contact information submitted by you during the process of arranging a website/hosting package via email, telephone, booking form or online contact form. This includes information provided at the time of commissioning us and subsequent information submitted to us.
- If you contact us via email or telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
How we store your personal data
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data while you’re our customer and after you’ve left us unless you request deletion from our database.
How we use your personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations as stated in our Terms & Condition
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- To notify you about changes to our website.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information to notify you about services which may be of interest to you. For such uses we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data.
How we disclose your personal data
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our company and related third parties:
- Any third party service providers we engage with in order to carry out the Terms & Conditions we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- In the event that we sell Custom Made Web Design, in which case we may disclose your personal data to prospective buyers.
- If our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Custom Made Web Design, our website, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the website.
- We will never pass your personal data to a third party for marketing unless you have expressly given us your permission.
- Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website and to see how they move around the website. This helps us to improve the way our website works e.g by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for.
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website such as the client area.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our website.
We will check our policy from time to time and post any changes here. We may also let you know about these changes via email.
how to further ensure your data is safe
Along with a section on Privacy, Get Safe Online has plenty of other good advice about protecting yourself online.
You have the following rights: to be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this privacy notice); to ask us to delete your personal data (however, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it); to get a free copy of your personal data; to object to the processing of your data and have it restricted; to review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you and the services you may be interested in); the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.